ABOUT USER EXPERIENCE ASSOCIATION
The User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) is an international association devoted to assisting new and established professionals in the user experience disciplines. Through networking, publications, conferences and classes, UXPA helps promote the profession and hone the skills of their members.
Unify a fragmented platform
- Build a sophisticated content management system (CMS) to unify and replace multiple websites
- Develop a powerful permissions engine for locking down members-only content
- Migrate thousands of pages of content into the new site
- Migrate thousands of existing users into the new platform
Automate routine business tasks
- Implement a custom e-commerce solution for collecting and managing member dues
- Develop flexible member-management tools inside the CMS
- Integrate comprehensive user reporting dashboards
- Organize complex logic into understandable user tasks
We decided to create a system that would let the international and local chapter organizations of UXPA share resources, but at the same time provide flexibility to address their specific audiences. We also wanted to find a way to make onboarding of such a large network as efficient and painless as possible. To set the stage for this undertaking ikonic presented several Information Architecture/Design wireframes.
The UXPA is one of the most respected user experience organizations, so we knew we needed to meet the needs of a discerning user. ikonic managed a complete redesign and digital re-platform, which included unifying their digital properties as well as the integrating third-party services onto the Drupal platform solution.
We immersed ourselves in the build requirements creating user stories, architecting the build, constructing a new CMS, and seamlessly migrating thousands of members to the new platform. We also integrated accounting features and built reporting modules to view advanced custom reports.
Below are some of the activities required by this project. Click one to learn more.